UPDATE ON RIDGE MEADOWS HOSPICE SOCIETY
- April 3rd, 2020
To our Community,
Here at the Hospice Society, we have been working very hard assessing and looking at our continuation of service delivery during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic. We understand completely the essential need for our continued supports as we all navigate this very uncertain time. We will make every effort to respond and adapt to Provincial Health recommendations to ensure our supports are still accessible in a timely matter.
Until further notice, the following is in effect:
1. Our Resource office at 22320 119th ave will remain closed to the public. Our program staff will be in the office on a rotating basis and working remotely from home. ALL telephone messages and staff emails are being monitored and will be replied to as soon as possible.
2. All in-person and group support programs (grief groups, Relaxation Circle, one-to-one volunteer support) will continue to be postponed.
3. Referrals-We are STILL accepting referrals from our community partners, patients and families, and from individuals for grief support. Currently ALL support will be offered via telephone, or video meeting, and this will be determined through the program coordinators on an individual basis.
4. Volunteers-The future success of our Hospice Society and services will rely heavily on the relationship and connection we maintain with our volunteers. We are looking at creative ways to stay connected, have meetings, and provide resources and support to our most valuable team.
5. Thrift Store-Our store at 12011 224th St. will remain closed until safe to all to re-open. This does represent a significant loss to our operational budget, and we are doing our best to seek alternate funding.
6. Donations and fundraising-We face an extremely challenging time with the loss of our Thrift store revenue, fundraising events and decrease in donations. We thank and are so incredibly grateful to our sponsors and supporters who have agreed to remain on board with us for upcoming events. We will be turning to our community more than we ever have, for any financial support from individuals, businesses, corporations and foundations. Donations towards keeping our services sustainable are greatly appreciated at this time.
The health and safety of our staff and volunteers is the ultimate factor in the decisions we are making, along with our sincere intention and drive to keep services accessible to those facing grief and loss in our community. We will be using our Facebook pages to communicate a lot of our changes and updates so please follow us there.
I wish you the very best as you take care of yourself and loved ones over the next while. Please contact me with your questions. 604-463-7722 or email@example.com
With deep gratitude and wishes for your best health,
The Ridge Meadows Hospice Society is a registered not-for-profit charitable organization established in 1979 that provides support to the communities of Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows. The society is funded through grants, memberships, donations and bequests.[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column]